Hopes and Dreams

Today was a great day, full of trains and funny poems, but I want to focus on the end of the year program instead. First things first, since we are doing Moana, we’re going with tropical/Hawaiian shirts, khaki pants, and flower necklaces (which the office has). If you think you’ll have trouble finding a shirt for the program, let me know and we’ll get it sorted out.

Second, in addition to our song and dance, we also want to share a little of ourselves with the audience. Since Moana is all about a girl following her dreams even when the going is tough, we are going to share our dreams for ourselves. As we reflected on the movie, however, we remembered that it wasn’t easy for Moana, so she had to do work to prepare. Therefore, we are also going to share some things we are going to do to accomplish our dreams. I am going to list the students’ goals and the work they are going to do; if you talk to your child this weekend and have changes or additions, text me and I’ll update their lines. Once again, make sure you are practicing the lyrics and dance regularly, the program will be here before we know it.

Class Goals

Timo: Build his own robot, so he is going to get the supplies he needs and watch videos that teach him how to build it.

Rebecca: Become a star gymnast, so she is going to practice a lot and work hard.

Teddy: Become a better swimmer like his brother, so he is going to go to swim school and pay attention to the teacher.

Tove: Have fun with her friends and hang out with them, so she is going to make sure she is being kind and a good friend to them.

Bisola: Be a great cheerleader, so she is going to use her tablet to listen to music and get ideas and practice her dance moves a lot.

Paolo: Stop bad people and make the world a better place, so he is going to work on getting stronger and learning how to help save people.

Gia: Do cartwheels on her own, so she is going to pay close attention on where to put her hands, how to spin, and how to move her feet.

Niki: Be a pilot so she can fly in the sky, so she is going to learn everything she can about planes and flying.

Jerome: Become a professional basketball player, so he is going to practice a lot, especially his dribbling and taking shots.

Yianni: Work at a zoo with animals, so he is going to learn about different kinds of animals, how to take care of them and what to feed them.

Anja: Be a ballerina, so watch other ballerinas and practice dancing so she gets better.

These are not their official lines, but just the ideas we’re starting with. Let me know if anything different emerges from your conversation. Have a great weekend everyone!