Mixing up some Paint

Today’s big news is that we made our own batches of paint! Niki and Gia commented that they liked the light green they made, but they thought it was more watery than our regular paint. Tove and Rebecca had a related thought, that if they hadn’t gotten enough water, the paint would probably be too thick to use. Teddy and Max giggled that their paint was really cold and couldn’t figure out why, since the flour and salt weren’t cold, until they realized that they had got the water from the water fountain. Timo, Paolo, and Yianni worked hard at getting the dye mixed all the way through, since they didn’t want just the top layer of the paint to be blue. We’re all excited to see what it is like to paint with these tomorrow, especially since we picked out the colors. I’m actually hoping they dislike the texture, that way they problem solve how to adjust it.

Since we went to the library this morning, our journals centered around what we like in books. A lot of people mentioned Mario and super heroes. Anja, on the other hand, preferred books that had Barbie in them. There were even some students that mentioned liking pop-up books, which I agree are pretty great. I’m very impressed with the growth I’m seeing in their writing and their ability to articulate their own preferences. Great job everyone!